Wednesday 14 September 2011

Upstairs Downton Abbey

Just a quick update as I'm determined not to let this blog go without a fight.
I haven't made a huge amount of progress with Touchstone but I have at least now got a document saved with a list of some ideas on it from which soon will hopeful gestate a synopsis. Yesterday however I realized that one of my ideas to use two characters from somewhere else as the main characters for Touchstone wasn't going to work as the amount of baggage these characters would have brought with them would have clashed with the central story idea as I currently envisage it. I have however come up with a separate story idea which hopefully will make use of the characters from elsewhere but because this will need to be pitched because these are not my characters to use without permission I've decided to park Project Two for the time being.
Meanwhile on the way home from a committee meeting tonight someone I know was suggesting the idea of putting together a show featuring old time music hall songs but with a new or modern twist. I half jokingly suggested doing something inspired by Downton Abbey and my friend said I should think seriously about doing something with that idea whilst he was going to play around with a different idea of his own. So I now have Project Three or as I've decided to provisionally call it Upstairs Downton Abbey The Musical - I will obviously come up with a proper name in due course but whether I actually manage to come up with a workable story line for it remains to be seen. Anyway I shall keep this blog updated with progress.
Time for bed now but there will be another update soon regarding a rather important personal decision I reached yesterday.
To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment